McFee guarantees a solid academic and social foundation to inspire all individuals to achieve their true potential.
McFee garantiza una sólida base académica y social con el fin de inspirar a todos a lograr su máximo potencial.
CURRICULUM - ELEMENTARY
- CFISD elementary schools are comprised of students in grades K-5. Students who qualify for the Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities or for Pre-kindergarten are bused to sites that provide these programs.
- Core subjects at the elementary level include reading, language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, technology applications, health, physical education, art, music, and theatre arts.
- Every campus faculty includes the following members: counselor(s), nurse, diagnostician, speech and language clinician, dyslexia specialists, reading specialist(s), and content-area liaisons, as well as specially trained/certified teachers in the following areas: art, music, physical education, technology applications, English as a Second Language, and gifted education.
- The District's HORIZONS program is for academically-gifted students. In kindergarten, gifted instruction is provided in language arts and mathematics. In grades 1-5, the program addresses the four foundation areas: language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
- CFISD's Bilingual and ESL programs provide additional support in English language development for students who have a home language other than English and who have been identified as limited-English-proficient.
- Elementary schools in Cypress-Fairbanks also feature enrichment activities such as student clubs, tutorial sessions, cultural arts programs, academic competitions, and field trips.
- Report cards are issued every nine weeks. Academic progress reports are sent to parents after the fourth week of each grading period.
1102 students as of September 15, 2018
(as indicated in the 2018 - 19 AEIS Report)
AFRICAN AMERICAN - 30.8%
HISPANIC - 54.6%
WHITE - 5.9%
NATIVE AMERICAN - 0.7%
ASIAN - 4.7%
PACIFIC ISLANDER - 0.2%
TWO OR MORE RACES - 3.1%
ECONOMICALLY DISADVANTAGED - 74.3%